Have you ever tried wet sanding? In this case, you know that, if your goal is to achieve
exceptional results, you should be attentive to every detail. One of the main factors of successful
wet sanding is choosing the right grit. In this blog, we will teach you how to differentiate among
them and what each of them is used for.
1) 600 grit is needed if you want to completely remove any orange peel or other texture
from the paint. This grit will leave no heavy edges or ripples, so that the paint will be
2) 1,000 grit is used for getting rid of scratches left by the 600 grit. You will need a dry
guide coat between these two steps of wet sanding. Remember that 1,000 grit is rather
aggressive, so it will continue to flatten the paint.
3) 1,500 grit is required when you begin working towards a polishable surface. The key
point of this stage is to remove scratches. You will need to use a soft wet sanding block.
The second purpose is to make sure the paint is smooth, with no grooves or anything left
from the more aggressive sanding. Use guide coat before passing to this step as well.
4) 2,000 grit is used for scratch removal. The paint should be made smooth and ready for a
5) 2,500 grit is for continuing to get rid of scratches. This step of wet sanding is more of an
aid, but still a big key to having less grain in the clear coat after buffing.
6) 3,000 grit is intended to facilitate buffing. The foam tri-zact style sandpaper should be
used, by hand, wrapped around a soft wet sanding block. Do not guide coat prior to this
7) 5,000 grit is optional, and just makes buffing a bit easier. It should also be used by hand,
like the previous one.
Tinted windows add a great degree of value to your vehicle. For one, they endow it with a decidedly elegant look. They also protect the seats, internal components, and even our own skin from the harmful effects of UV radiation. This tint consists of a thin polymer film tightly applied to your window’s surface. This...
Have you ever tried doing buffing job on your car yourself? Well, it’s high time you did!Although it might seem challenging for a newcomer, the key thing is to be attentive during eachstep. In this blog, we will give you some tips and techniques for a smooth and even buffing jobthat might come in handy....
Leave a comment